Confession: “My bag of Hemp Hearts has been sitting in my pantry since…” She inspired herself 25 ways to use Hemp Hearts since!!
Do you have a giant bag of Hemp Hearts sitting in your pantry? If so, welcome to the club, darlin’. Because I’ve got the same thing, purchased at a wholesale grocery store a few weeks ago. I was reeled in by all the health benefits–full of protein (nearly 10 grams of plant-based protein per 30 gram serving size), massive Omega-6 and Omega-3‘s and lots of personal testimonials, including support against arthritis, eczema, blood pressure, and weight management. Sign me up, I thought. But as new products have a tendency to do, my bag of hemp hearts has been sitting on the shelf since, barely used in my day-to-day cooking.
Which just doesn’t seem right. Which is why I decided today is the day. If I can find 25 super-simple ways to use Hemp Hearts, then I might just feel inspired enough to…well..start using them!
Below is my list. If you have your own favorite uses for this healthy seed, leave a comment!
1. Grab a handful for snack and eat them raw
2. Sprinkle over yogurt for an easy parfait
3. Toss into a morning smoothie
4. Sprinkle over salads
5. Mix into homemade granola
6. Toss into cookies
7. Add to rice krispy treats
8. Sprinkle inside quesadillas
9. Sprinkle over pizza with parmesan and crushed red pepper
10. Dip bananas in Greek Yogurt, then in Hemp Hearts for an easy afternoon snack
11. Sprinkle on top of peanut butter sandwiches
12. Stir into stews and soups
13. Roll into pie crusts
14. Sprinkle over a morning bowl of cereal
15. Stir into a bowl of oatmeal
16. Mix into coconut oil and spread on toast
17. Stir into muffins
18. Add to banana or zucchini bread
19. Toss into coleslaw
20. Press into homemade hamburgers for extra flavor and protein
21. Stir into homemade chili
22. Mix into homemade meatloaf
23. Sprinkle over hummus and enjoy with veggies
24. Mix into the breadcrumb topping on any recipe
25. Whisk into pancake or waffle batter
What do you do with your Hemp Hearts?